- 2 cups quinoa
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup bunch basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
1. Wash quinoa. Place in water.
2. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 13–15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt together in a small bowl.
5. Place cooked quinoa in a mixing bowl.
6. Add pine nuts, scallions, veggies and fresh herbs, and fluff.
7. Add dressing and lightly toss.