41 Life Lessons I Learned By Age 41!
41 Life Lessons I Learned By Age 41!
Tips I wish I could have taught my younger self!
I truly believe that even in the darkest of times, when we feel like we’ve reached the end of our rope – we can STILL find something to be grateful for! And more importantly, during those hard moments of struggle – is when we learn our most valuable lessons.
Next week I’ll be celebrating my birthday & since it’s been a while since my last blog post, I thought what better way to reflect on the last 41 years than by sharing some of my life lessons.
Here are some of the ones that stood out:
- Sometimes it’s worth walking away from a lucrative career, if your hearts not in it anymore.
- Gratitude is the polar opposite of fear. Focus on 3 things that you’re grateful for to change your state.
- Be your own best doctor. Because sometimes the most reliable person you can count on is yourself!
- It’s okay to say “no” if you don’t feel like doing something. Protect your energy and time.
- Focus on one goal at a time as oppose to multi-tasking (i’m still working on this); you will feel less overwhelmed & more grounded.
- You realize who your true friends are when you go through adversity.
- If you’re only motivated by money, you’re in trouble!
- What you learn in school, isn’t necessary the path you will take later on in life.
- Always be kind! You never know what struggles someone is going through behind closed doors!
- Give people the benefit of the doubt. People are doing the best that they can, with the resources they have available.
- People LOVE the real you – so why try being like anyone else?
- Always trust your gut – it knows the answer!
- You can change the way you feel in a heart beat. You are NOT stuck.
- Health before wealth. Period. Without your health, you can’t enjoy wealth.
- Setting goals have become a lot less about controlling my results & instead, letting things unfold the way they’re meant to happen (way less stressful this way – wink, wink)!
- Kids prefer the fun mom who doesn’t take life so seriously! Make ‘play’ an essential part to your everyday routine.
- Never give so much importance to what other people are thinking about you. They are too busy worrying about their own lives.
- Sometimes in order to cross that bridge towards fulfillment, you will have to ‘grow’ through some shit!
- Don’t work so hard that you forget to enjoy life along the way. Spend just as much time with your family as you do at work #worklifebalance
- However much courage you think you have; you are capable of MORE!
- Your body has a miraculous way of healing, even after chronic illness!
- Always stay true to yourself. Being any other way is exhausting!
- Celebrate all your victory’s – they are all worthy, no matter how small and insignificant you may think any of them are!
- Honour your feelings first. Don’t ‘should’ on yourself just because you feel obligated.
- You can have it all and lose it the next day. Never take anything for granted.
- Stay present. The only moment we have is NOW.
- Treat your kids the way you want to be treated. And honour their feelings, the way you’d want someone to honour yours!
- Broken sleep stimulates the adrenals to release stress hormones (& reaching burn out can be as harmful as PTSD). Quality sleep is essential.
- It’s hard to feel amazing if you’re surrounding yourself with negative energy – this could be people, places and/or things.
- Wifi is toxic to your health. Be mindful how much screen time you (& your kids) are using.
- Pursuing your passions make you come alive. When was the last time you followed one of them?
- Who you become will make you happy, not necessarily what you achieve.
- Your thoughts create your feelings – choose wisely!
- You can switch your mindset from ‘thinking’ home cooking is a waste of time, to looking at it as an act of self care for you and your family.
- It’s okay to make mistakes. Many people believe being a perfectionist is holding themselves to a “high standard,” when really it’s the lowest ~ because no one’s perfect.
- You can eat all the kale in the world but if your life is chaotic – your health will be in jeopardy!
- Scheduling ‘nothing’ time will help you slow down in today’s busy world!
- Letting go and forgiving others may be hard – but your inner peace is worth it!
- Focus on your strengths and do work that aligns with what you’re naturally good at!
- Everyone has fear. Despite what they may tell you.
- No matter how hard things get, you’ll survive. And when you DO, you’ll have a new found appreciation for life.
Your turn: What are some of the things you wish you could tell your younger self? Let me know in the comments below!
To health + happiness,
CLICK HERE to join our Holistic Mompreneur Facebook group