So i must confess – giving up coffee hasn’t been easy. And since i’m not a big fan of tea – i have found an alternative that I actually LOVE.
And it’s healthy.
So before we get into how you make a “Matcha Green Tea Latte”, i’ll elaborate on each ingredient that goes into it (keep in mind, there are other variations on how to make it). But here are the benefits of what I’ve been including in mine:
- Brain Octane (or MCT oil): Is a reliable and quick source of energy from quality fat, not sugar. Helps your body burn fat.
- Coconut butter: contains fibre, which is important for controlling blood sugar levels and regulating digestion.
- Coconut milk: free from dairy, while including manganese, magnesium, iron and potassium. It helps to improve heart health, build muscle, prevent fatigue and boost weight loss.
- Collagen protein: reduces joint pain and promotes the health of your skin, hair, nails and teeth. It also improves the health of your liver and heart.
- Matcha Tea: high in antioxidants, protects your liver & heart, has anti-cancer properties, boosts immune system, gives relief from stress and improves mental altertness without the jittery feeling.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk (or almond milk, if you prefer) in a small pot and heat up.
- Once the milk is warm, add it to a blender – along with: 1 tsp of Brain Octane oil & 1 tsp of coconut butter.
- Then add 1 tsp of matcha and 1 scoop of collagen protein.
- Blend all ingredients together until the consistency is well combined.
- If you’d like to add a little sweetness to your latte, try using 1 teaspoon of raw honey
You’ll notice that the coconut milk (or almond milk) gets nice and frothy, just like a traditional latte (without the dairy)! Feel free to top with cinnamon.
How easy was that to make? Enjoy your healthy green tea latte! 🙂